Monday, October 29, 2012

What I Would Tell Ameria's Founding Fathers


Author’s Note: I wrote this essay in the form of a letter, answering the question, What would you tell America’s Founding Fathers?  This essay will be submitted into a contest.

Dear America’s Founding Fathers,

            Hysteria in the streets, citizens setting anything within sight on fire, almost every citizen screaming, rocks being thrown from every angle.  All settled by the laws you established.  If it weren’t for the commandments you signed, the population would come to a minimum within two weeks at most.

If The Women’s Rights Law wasn’t signed, I may not have my rights today, as the woman I am.  When I turn eighteen I have the right to vote.  I have my say in whom I want to run me and my neighbors and I would like to thank you for that.  I cannot imagine having no say in how I would like my following four years to turn out.  In addition if it weren’t for this law being created, more laws for women’s rights would not have been formed and I would not be treated as I would like to be.   

     Considering The Women’s Rights Law, if not signed, would change my rights today, The Equal Rights Law, if not signed, would also change my life.  One of my best friends and I weren’t born anywhere near each other but, since she moved here and is living here, we are friends, who are able to hear each other and look at each other, but we wouldn’t be able to be if you didn’t acknowledge the fact that it was not right, and change it.  Not being able to hang-out or talk with her would be extremely painful.  I would like to again thank you for your great job of the shaping of our country.

     The population would come to a minimum within two weeks at most, if it weren’t for the commandments you signed.  The Women’s Rights Law and The Equal Rights Law may be most important to my life but, the other laws that you, the founding fathers, established would also change my life if not given your signature of approval.   

    
With pleasure,

A grateful young woman

No comments:

Post a Comment