Sunday, January 8, 2012

L-O-V-E

L-O-V-E

Author's Note-- This creative writing piece tells how love can get in the way of the little things in life. 


“What I would give to be loved back.  I love but, only if I were lucky would I be loved back.  Am I lucky?  No!”    As, I presented my monologue for drama, people look at me in sympathy.  I look straight into my crushes eyes and he was already starring.  That’s the best feeling in the world.  I got red in the face and quietly walked awkwardly back to my seat.  This was the only class that I could be myself, drama was my life.  My monologue wasn’t something I needed to act out it was that someone I was.  Like I said in my monologue I’m not one to be known as lucky.  To prove my point my seat was right next to my crushes.  “Meet me outside after school and I’ll walk you home” my crush whispered into my ear.  My heart dropped.  Everyone knew that was the first sign that your crush liked you back.  I whispered, “Okay” back and he looked me straight in the eyes and smiled. 
The only reason I think I didn’t faint t was because, I couldn’t wait for him to walk me home.  I met him outside and we started walking in silence, my house was 2 miles away from school and it’s raining.  “Was that monologue you presented today about…?” my crush said in his beautiful voice.   “… me?”, what should I say, should I lie?  I’m the worst liar though, my friends tell me all the time.  “Yes” I couldn’t stop the words as they came out my mouth.  He leans forward head cocked to the right slightly and all I can help but, think is this is the moment that I will remember for the rest of my life.  I breathe out and tilt my head to the right slightly.  I look at him, his eyes are closed and as I begin to close my eyes I think, this is what happens in the movies, what my monologue was all about.  Our lips meet in the center and my arms wrap around his neck and his around my waist his right hand rested on the small of my back.  I never wanted it to end.  It was pouring by now and I release my lips from his and he holds his hand out for me to hold.  We walk in silence until, “You made the wrong turn.”  “I know” he says all nonchalant.  I turn and see a tree house and he leads me up we talking for 2 straight hours until I kiss him goodbye and run home to think I’m dead, I didn’t tell my parents.  

1 comment:

  1. Emma,
    Loved your story! You described the thought well as though there was nothing else in the world that would be more important than your crush. Very Cute!
    -Eden<3

    ReplyDelete