Friday, May 18, 2012

Real or NOT REAL

Author's Note: For this writing piece I took Mrs. Mundt's advice of trying to write about the fiction fact.  I would assume that this would be the harder choice but, it was quite easy and the fiction fact was easy to trick my best friends on too but, a general fact best friend should acknowledge.  Even, after I said it was fiction, my friend goes, "Oh I know that".  Tricky tricky me.  

Just like daughters relate to their mother and sons relate to their father.  My mom relates to my grandma, my grandpa gave my mom her middle name in relationship to my grandmother's name.  To clarify my grandmother's name is Michelle and my mom's middle name is Michelle.  My great grandmother's maddened name was Michelle.  What a pretty name my great grandmother thought.
She wanted my grandma, her daughter,  to always remember her father, her husband.
Her father became very ill in between the nine months and before my grandma was born her father was on the verge of death, sadly, and my great grandmother decided to name her daughter Michelle for her memory as well, as my grandmothers.  I agree that it didn't make much sense that my great grandmother wanted my grandma to remember her father and then named her Michelle, her maddened name, but, in the long run it made sense to her.  Back to my grandmother.  To this day my grandmother wouldn't care if I called her, Michelle, she's positively not self-centered but, she loves the name, and people support her.  I support her, I never call her Michelle but, I agree that it's a beautiful name.
I've asked my mom why she named me Emma instead of Michelle but, she never has an answer.  My grandma does though.  The only two and two I could put together since, we had a little conversation when my mom went out for groceries, is that when my grandma was little she was the girl in the grade that everyone was jealous of, and my mom didn't like that.  My grandma had no friends because, everyone was jealous of her and my mom didn't like that.  My mom is thankful for her middle name because, she constantly gets compliments.  But, my mom didn't want me to be that girl in school.  Even if she gave me Michelle as a middle name she said it just didn't fit.  Emma Michelle, Emma Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment